Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Show America Needs

I don't know how many of you know this but I love British Comedy. The success of British comedy may have something to do with them playing against the stereotype of them being a congenial, and polite people.

Two of my favorite movies are "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" both staring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. One thing that most British comedy lovers don't know is that they met and co-stared in a TV series called "Spaced".

Below is a clip from the second season of Spaced. You may also notice that the girl, named Daisy, with Simon Pegg, is none other than Jessica Hynes who not only co-wrote "Spaced" with Simon, but also plays Yvonne in "Shaun of the Dead".

You may notice that the title of this post is "One Show America Needs". I do believe that America needs this show, however I don't need a crappy butchered American version. We need this version. (For more on this look for "My Beef Number 2")

Enjoy.

::: WARNING CLIP CONTAINS ONE (1) BRIEF EXPLETIVE :::

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

DUDE!!! That is frickin' hilarious! The nurse lady Doctor Who falls in love with AND Stan Shunpike! Awesome!