Monday, October 1, 2007

TMBG

I love They Might Be Giants. For my birthday this year my folks bought tickets to see They Might Be Giants at the Rio theater in Santa Cruz. Every time I have seen them they do nothing but impress and wow the crowd. They have a new album out called the Else. The video below is, one of their singles off the album, called "The Shadow Government." Also when you have a chance click over to their website at www.tmbg.com.

There was another band there that has got to be "my new favorite band of right now." That in my book is a prestigious title. (but I'll explain why in a later entry) The band is from Belfast, Ireland. They are called Oppenheimer. They have a self-titled album out now and it is incredible. On it they have a lot of great songs including my favorite "Saturday Looks Bad To Me." Get music check them out. I would tell you who they sound like or, in what type of music they play, but I hate making comparisons of one band to another, I just don't feel right doing so. I will tell you that they are a semi-electric indie. Great great stuff. I'll try and find a video of Oppenheimer to post for your viewing pleasure.

Laters,

Ryan



No comments: